Studycare Student

Insurance for Embassy English
International students

Scroll to here

Insurance Details

The Embassy Study Care Insurance plan offers you the student insurance you need to stay secure and safe during your time abroad.  It is a comprehensive insurance plan, developed specifically for international students, provided by a team of specialists supporting over 15,000 students every year.

For complete insurance information or copies of the insurance plans please contact your enrolment advisor.

How to arrange your insurance?

Simply tick the insurance box on the Booking Form, and your Enrolment Advisor will make all the necessary arrangements and answer any questions you may have.

What is included?

  • medical and dental expenses
  • course cancellation expenses
  • theft of property
  • other items - see below and policy documents for details in each location.

Benefit summary

Please read the policy document in detail to make sure that it suits your needs.  

Medical expenses GB £ 1,000,000
Emergency repatriation/assistance expenses Unlimited
Cancellation expenses GB £ 5,000
Delay GB £ 1,000
Abandonment GB £ 2,000
Missed departure GB £ 500
Personal property GB £ 1,500
Essential purchases GB £ 100
Money / Credit card GB £ 1,000
Personal accident  up to GB £ 25,000

Accident and sickness medical (per injury or illness) US $250,000
Dental emergency US $100 per tooth to a maximum of US $ 500
Personal liability US $100,000 per occurrence up to US $ 200,000
Trip interruption Up to US $2,500
Loss of luggage Up to US $500
Emergency reunion US $5,000
Emergency medical evacuation US $50,000
Assistance 24 hours, worldwide

Annual medical examination (non-emergency)
100% up to CA $150
Eye examination 100% up to CA$100
Prescription drugs
100% for up to a 30 days' supply
Dental emergency
100% up to CA$600
Dental accidental injury
100% up to CA$4,000
Out of Canada coverage
All eligible expenses anywhere in the world (except: USA limited to 30 days; Home Country - no coverage in unless part of university program)
100% in semi-private room; private room where medically required;
X-rays, lab testing 100%
Air evacuation/return home
100% of cost to transport you to the nearest hospital or to a hospital in your Home Country

New Zealand *
Medical expenses Unlimited
Emergency medical evacuation Unlimited
Dental Emergency Up to NZ $ 1,500
Personal Property Up to NZ $ 10,000
Loss or damage of personal documents Up to NZ $ 2,000
Theft of money Up to NZ $ 1,000
Travel Expenses Up to NZ $ 10,000
Essential purchases Up to NZ $ 200
Missed departure Up to NZ $ 10,000
Cancellation expenses Up to NZ $ 100,000
Personal Liability Up to NZ $ 2,500,000

* New Zealand: please note:

ELIGIBILITY FOR HEALTH SERVICES: Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of that treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at

ACCIDENT INSURANCE The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents, and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at

MEDICAL AND TRAVEL INSURANCE All International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand for the duration of their planned period of study this includes:

• Students who will be coming to New Zealand from overseas

• Students who are already in New Zealand and enrolled at a New Zealand education provider

• Students on short courses

• Group students

Study Care is a comprehensive policy that has been designed to meet the suggested minimum requirements under the Code of Practice for International Students.

Studying in Australia and New Zealand

If you are studying in Australia on a student visa you are required by the government to take out Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). This will only cover you for health-related matters whilst abroad. We recommend that you also take out insurance against theft and loss of belongings.

In New Zealand, the government requires that all overseas students have insurance which meets the government minimum requirements. If you choose not to take out Study Care insurance, your alternative insurance must meet these minimum standards.

policy documents

British Flag StudyCare UK Policy

British Flag StudyCare UK Overview flyer

American Flag StudyCare USA Policy

American Flag StudyCare USA Overview flyer

Canadian Flag StudyCare Canada Policy

Canadian Flag StudyCare Canada Overview Flyer

New Zealand Flag StudyCare New Zealand Policy

New Zealand Flag StudyCare New Zealand Overview Flyer

Provided and administered by: Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s in the UK, OrbitProtect in New Zealand, Specialty Risk International, Inc. (SRI) in the USA.

We do not currently offer insurance for students in Australia. See below for details of the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which you are required by the Australian government to take out.